In this episode of “Divorce: Taking the High Road,” Tracy Callahan, a CDC Certified Divorce Coach®, Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Mediator, and Divorce Mediator, believes that the conflict, overwhelm and uncertainty often experienced in divorce can be diminished via self-empowerment which is experienced through effective decision-making. Tracy shares her insights on how effective decision-making can move someone from action to agreement, limit conflict and maintain one’s dignity during this life-altering process.
Key Discussion Points
- Tracy shares her background, how she got into the divorce field, and the types of people she helps.
- Tracy expounds on the topic of self-empowerment through decision-making in divorce.
- What decisions in divorce do people need to make?
- What is the process of decision-making?
- How can someone maintain self-empowerment throughout the divorce decision-making process?
- How does this process take someone from action to agreement in the divorce process?
- Tracy shares a client case study including the challenges her client faced and how she helped them come to a resolution and overcome common pitfalls in the process.
- What are the key benefits of engaging in mediation vs. a litigated divorce?
- What is one lesson everyone should take from this self-empowered divorce decision-making discussion?