In this “Divorce: Taking the High Road” interview, Certified Divorce Coach Marc Levey shares his “Zen-like” approach to resolving conflict and reveals his “Five Steps to a Mindful Divorce.” Marc specializes in coaching highly competitive professionals through milestone transitions including high conflict divorce.
Key Discussion Points
- What mindfulness is and how mindfulness can help someone going through a potentially high conflict life transition such as divorce.
- What stops people from thinking and behaving in a mindful way on their own.
- Why people are socialized to win rather than to collaborate.
- Marc expounds on three primary elements of the divorce process: redefining, reframing and restructuring.
- Marc shares an example of these elements in the divorce process.
- Marc explains how the principles of divorce coaching are in alignment with Buddhism, Taoism, Confucianism.
- Do men handle divorce better than women, and vice versa?
- The relationship of an initiator and a non-initiator and how to avoid this pitfall.
- Marc expounds on his belief that divorce is often a narcissistic struggle where children are often collateral damage. He shares how he coaches clients when they behave in this destructive manner.
- Marc shares his “Five Steps to a Mindful Divorce.”