Certified divorce coach Kira Wilson Gould reflects on developing a healthy divorce story and how it can transform not only your divorce, but your family and your life. She shares how to define your divorce story, how to move on from an unhealthy divorce story, and what a healthy divorce story looks like. She also discusses the role of a divorce coach to help shift your divorce story.
Key Discussion Points
- Kira’s personal background & what inspired her to become a divorce coach.
- The definition of a divorce story and how having one can be problematic.
- An example of a divorce story.
- Why people get stuck in their divorce story and on how they can move on.
- The role social media plays in a divorce story.
- What a healthy divorce story looks like.
- A recommended process in developing your own divorce story.
- Kira shares a story of one of her clients who got bogged down in a negative narrative, and transformed this narrative into a positive divorce story.
- Kira reflects on how her client benefited from letting go of her old story and starting anew with a healthy story.
- The key benefits of working with a divorce coach as you shift your divorce story.